February 09, 2015

Red Carpet Review: Grammy's 2015

As expected, The Grammy Red Carpet brought many weird and wonderful concoctions so let's get straight into with as always with what I felt were some of the more successful looks of the night.

THE BEST
Taylor Swift, Anna Kendrick, Gwen Stefani, Miley Cyrus, Kelly Osbourne
My best dressed of the night won the title before I'd even seen the rest and that is Miss Taylor Swift. I just love everything about it. I'm a sucker for anything turquoise and then add in some ombré and I'm yours. The shorter skirt keeps it interesting and shows of the killers shoes. This dress may not be to everyone's taste but I need this in my wardrobe more than I need air. Slight exaggeration. Possibly...

Anna and Gwen decided to rock trousers with Anna going all out androgynous with some added sex factor. I personally feel she nailed it. Gwen went the slightly less conventional route bit with just as much success but honestly that woman could wear a paper bag and make it look stylish!

Some may be surprised to see Miley on the best dressed list but given her track record I was pleasantly surprised. It's the closest we've seen her to demure in a very long time and I appreciate it muchly. While I would not be one to ever be brave enough to wear such a gown, I like it. It's very Miley yet I like it. I'm as shocked as you are.

Another unconventional choice is Kelly Osbourne as this look has some definite haters over on Twitter. When I first saw this I was none too fussed by it but as I looked again, it grew on me. I also think the whole outfit has actually been improved by the purple hair. It adds interest and stops the sheer amount of black from being too overwhelming. Also, she is carrying and fish clutch and for some reason, I don't hate it. What is wrong with me?

 THE WORST
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Rita Ora, Charli XCX, Madonna
While Claudia Winklemen decided to dress up as a Hershey's Kiss over at the BAFTAs, Rihanna decided to go more for the loo roll cover look. Interesting choice. Seriously, that is a lot of dress, it doesn't even fit in the frame! 

This is what I imagine Kim wears when she's just chillin' around the house with Kanye and North. You know, all comfy in a gold, bedazzled dressing gown which she was obviously wearing while having her hair done then she ran out of time and thought, "bugger it, I'll just keep this on". 

It turns out, there is such a thing as too much sparkle. This look from Rita Ora (totally nearly wrote Rita Skeeter #Potterhead) is very reminiscent of Emily Mortimer's Tin Man tragedy from the Golden Globes back in 2013. While Rita has a little more attitude to pull this off it's still not working for me.

Oh wow. Just. Wow. Anna Kendrick showed us how to successfully achieve the androgynous look and Charli XCX shows us here how so not to. To be honest I could probably get on board with the suit, and hey the pink bow tie is quirky, but what is with all that fur? Although I have to say, I was slightly relieved when I realised it was indeed a shawl and not insane cuffs on her jacket. Phew! 

Here we have Madonna just being Madonna. It's hard to compare her to anyone else purely becasue she's, well, Madonna. That aside, I'm not a fan. Sure, the Grammys is a chance to push the boat out but this boat went a little too far. At least the others went for OTT versions of what you'd normally see on the red carpet, whereas Madonna went for a strange burlesque/matador hybrid. Eh. You do you Madonna.

There you have it. It was definitely a more exciting red carpet than the BAFTAs but then the Grammy's aren't held at the Royal Opera House and are generally a little mental so it's to be expected really. The Grammy's do look like a hell of a lot of fun though! 

What were your thoughts of some of the looks? Do you agree or disagree with my choices? Let me know in the comments!


0 comments:

Post a Comment