February 28, 2015

Q&A a Day: 3 Years and Counting...

This week marked the beginning of year four of my Q&A a Day journal. I'm sure many of you have seen them as they've become very popular recently but for those of you haven't, it's a journal that asks you a question every single day with space to write an answer for five years.


I bought mine way back in February 2012 when I was 19 and in my first year of University. Now I'm 22 and studying abroad in Canada and will be graduating in the Summer! It's crazy to think how much I've changed and it's a lot of fun to flick through my journal occasionally to see how my answers have evolved.

It's also interesting to see which answers have stood the test of time and which ones have changed. For example my idea of what "home" has become much broader since travelling to Canada and my answer to "Are you seeking security or adventure" has always been both but my motivation for that answer has differed every year.

A photo posted by Megan Shaelyn (@meganshaelyn) on

I'm not going to lie, it takes some high levels of dedication to do this and I'm by no means perfect. I definitely miss days and have to go back and fill them in but I think the longest I've gone is about 4 days. I've also had a few occasions where I've messed up the dates. Most notably when I came back from America in 2013 and lost a day because of the time difference. I didn't notice for almost two weeks which resulted in the birth of my cousin being mentioned a day early. I try not to stress about it too much although it did irritate me for a while when I first realised.

I love these kinds of things as I'm a big fan of memories and nostalgia and I'm glad I chose to do it when I did as your early twenties are definitely a period of self discovery. I've done a lot of growing up in the past three years and I can't wait to see where I'll be when I'm 24 and writing my last entry. 

I don't know what, if anything, I'll do after I've finished this journal but I'm sure I'll find something to take it's place but for now I've still got another two years of answering questions. Have any of you started a project like this and managed to persevere? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment