July 05, 2013

June Playlist 2013

Am I the only who genuinely cannot believe that it's July already? It doesn't seem 5 minutes ago that we were basking in Olympic glory yet that was nearly a year ago! Anyway onto what I've been listening to throughout the month of June.

Please Don't Say You Love Me - Gabrielle Aplin
Dance Your Pain Away - Agnetha Fältskog
Something That We're Not - Demi Lovato
Stars - Mark Owen
Only Teardrops - Emmelie de Forest
We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus
5:15 - Bridgit Mendler
Neon Lights - Demi Lovato
Pompeii - Bastille
Panic Chord - Gabriella Aplin

This month I have hands down fallen in love with Gabrielle Aplin's debut album English Rain. I first gave it a listen on iTunes and wasn't actually that taken by it but decided to buy it when my Mum said she wanted it too and I'm so glad that I did! It's not necessarily an album I'd listen to in isolation but then again I don't particularly enjoy listening to albums period. I've gotten too used to shuffle. But that's what I like about Gabrielle, her songs stand out in the endless stream of pop and glee that inhabits 80% of my iPod yet at the same time it's not worlds away. I can still sing along to it which after all is one of the most important aspects for me when it comes to liking a song.

Two other albums I've really been liking are Demi Lovato's newest release "Demi" and Agnetha Fältskog of ABBA fame's return to the world of music, "A". "Demi" is classic, well, Demi. She's stuck to what she does best and if it ain't broke. If you love a bit of Dancing Queen then you're sure to like "A", it defintely has that classic ABBA feel despite not being written but Benny and Bjorn but it suits Agnetha as she is now a little more reserved and mature.

What songs have you been listening to this month? I'd love some recommendations so let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment