January 27, 2015

Red Carpet Review: SAG Awards 2015

The red carpet review has returned! Unfortunately I missed the Golden Globes but yesterday we saw the second big event of the 2015 award season, The Screen Actors Guild Awards. So lets take a look at some of the noteworthy looks that graced the carpet last night.

Lupita Nyong'o

Last year Lupita rocked mostly solid colours but this year she's gone all out patterns and it turns out she can rock those too. Stripes & florals? It shouldn't work but it does. Love it.

Natalie Dormer
I absolutely love this dress but I feel it's very un-Natalie who seems more edgy. I mean seriously that look could turn you to stone. Very pretty though.

Maisie Williams
I feel like I just want to go up to her and yank the dress up an inch or two then I think I could be on board with this look a little more. Also, jewellery. This needs jewellery.

Julianne Moore
All red heads should wear emerald green. Like all the time. They no longer have any choice in the matter.

Rosamund Pike
MAJOR improvement from the Golden Globes but still not her best look. Hopefully she's just waiting to knock the ball out of the park at the Oscars.

Emma Stone
This is a very confused outfit. I saw this first when she was sat down during the awards. I was expecting trousers...still if anyone could pull it off it it's this girl.

Keira Knightly
Looooove the colour! And I get that she wants to wear a looser dress what with the baba and toasty LA weather but this look just isn't working for me. Lose the overly flouncy peplum, then we can talk.

Laverne Cox
Go hard or go home, eh girl? This is all a bit much. Big hair, heavy make-up, shinyness and strappyness. I'd say bring it down a notch but this is Laverne Cox so that's like telling a peacock to take it easy on the feathers. You do you, Laverne.

Anna Chumsky
It looks like Anna wanted to go for a simple strapless gown but then thought, "hmmm there's something missing. I know! I'll add an off the shoulder waistcoat wannabe. That'll do the trick!" No it won't Anna. No it won't.

Ariel Winter
You work those curves girl cause DANG! The added vampyness of the black hair and nails just makes it all even better.

Lorelai Linklater
Quick someone help! Lorelei's been eater alive by her dress. Otherwise known as a perfect example of the dress wearing her rather than the other way round.

Alyssa Reiner
This just looks so awkward to wear. Not only would it be impossible to walk in but she also has the constant threat of the whole thing slipping down and having a major nips crisis.

Overall I'd say it was a top notch red carpet but I have to give best dressed of the night to Lupita Nyong'o. That girl knows how to rock a gown! Who was your best dressed of the SAG awards?

0 comments:

Post a Comment