May 19, 2013

Coming this Fall to a TV near you!

Yesterday I was procrastinating from revision and came across all the fall previews for this year. I'd never watched these previews before, I didn't even know they existed, cause I used to wait for shows to start airing on UK channels. Having no TV at Uni, I've since turned to streaming, I know, naughty Megan, so am in sync with the US. 

Having watched all the previews for the main channels I have to say I think I'll be glued to my laptop in September. It sort of, not really, makes up for the complete lack of TV over the Summer. Seriously, why do literally all the shows stop over Summer?

I thought I'd show you some of the shows that I really like the look of.

Sean Saves the World (NBC)
Jack from Will & Grace has a daughter!

Welcome to the Family (NBC)
Honestly? I'm watching this for Mike O'Malley but it does look ok despite that.

Dads (Fox)
A show that has Seth McFarlane as a producer? Done.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox)
This just looks like all kinds of hilarious and was one of the few trailers that actually made me laugh out loud.

The 100 (CW)
Again it's the cast that draws me to this, well specifically Eliza Taylor who used to be on the Australian Soap Neighbours.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC)
It's a spin-off of Avengers and apparently Agent Coulson lives so what's not to like?

Intelligence (CBS)
The only drama except for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D that caught my attention. A guy has a chip in his head that basically turns him into Jarvis. 

Us & Them (Fox)
Sheer morbid curiosity is making me add this to the list. This is basically the American version of Gavin & Stacey and I'm intrigued to see how it works. Plus, Alexis Bledel.

There were others that I thought looked watchable too but these are the ones that stood out. Fox looks to have picked up the best shows in my opinion, especially if Us & Them can live up to Gavin & Stacey but we'll have to wait and see which live up to their previews.

Which shows are you gonna check out in September?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, now I'll have to add a few more shows to my list :)

    ReplyDelete